Mango Madness...a great traditional Mexican recipe to try ! Nice one !
* 2 ½ pounds of fresh mangoes or 1 can mangoes (Peeled and seeded)
You can also use strawberries and papayas.
* A cup of water and ½ cup of dissolved sugar of juice
* An ounce of brandy
* 3-ounce packages of ladyfingers (3)
* A pint of whipping cream
* Sugar as per taste
* ½ a cup of vanilla
* 1 cup of pecans with ¾ cups chopped
* First chop the mangoes into small pieces and place them in sugar and water. Once that is done, add brandy.
* Now put the ladyfingers into the fruit syrup quickly one by one and line the sides and bottom of a 9*14 glass pan, then add a layer of chopped mangoes.
* Beat the vanilla, sugar and whipping cream and place a layer of cream and then a layer of chopped pecans on top of the mangoes.
* Alternately place layers of lady fingers, mangoes, cream and pecans, end this with whipped cream.
* Garnish this with pecan halves and refrigerate for two to three hours.
* Once it is done, cut it into halves and the traditional Mexican recipe is ready to serve.