- 10 slices bacon
- 50 large Rocky Point shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup thick fresh salsa
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans green chile strips, diced
- 6 (12-inch) flour tortillas
Fry bacon until crisp enough to chop. Remove bacon and retain about 2 tablespoons fat in pan. Peel and de-vein shrimp, then chunk. Grill in pan 1 minute.Stir in cheese, salsa, tomatoes and chiles. Turn to blend, but not long or shrimp will become tough. Divide and pile on tortillas.
Fold all sides over and fasten with wooden picks. Slide carefully into hot oil and brown lightly. Drain on paper towels. (Or bake at 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.)
The traditional Mexican Chimichangas is erady...enjoy !