- 2 cups small macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Green Giant Niblets whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 to 3 small cans chopped black olives
- 1 medium-large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 5 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1-pound block mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.In a large pot boil water for macaroni.In another large pot brown hamburger and chopped onion. Drain meat mixture and return to same pot. Add corn, olives, enchilada sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Allow mixture to come to a boil then turn down and let simmer. Stirring occasionally.
When water boils add macaroni and let cook till tender. Drain.At this point add about 1/2 cup grated cheese to mixture. Stir till completely melted. Add macaroni to meat mixture. Scoop half
macaroni/meat mixture into large baking dish. Spread a thin layer of cheese over this. Scoop remainder of macaroni/meat mixture over this. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour.Serve with garlic bread and green salad.. Hmm what a nice macaroni...the Mexican style.. great taste !