Another amazing traditional Mexican's...the Mexican Manicotti
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook and drain manicotti according to package directions.
In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, chicken, onions, olives, red pepper, cilantro and garlic. Mix well. Fill manicotti with mixture and place in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine salsa with tomato sauce, mixing well. Spoon over manicotti. Cover tightly and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove cover and continue baking for 10 minutes.Sprinkle with cheese, if desired and bake 3 minutes longer until cheese melts. Serve immediately....hmmm... si senor what a great feast...enjoy !