- 1 pound ground pork or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with foil for easy cleanup and set aside.In a heavy, nonstick skillet, cook pork with onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink. Add tomato, paprika, thyme, cayenne, fennel, pepper, salt, and garlic. Cook until meat is done.
Place 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture on each tortilla. Top with about 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella and roll up bottom. Glue down sides with tomato paste and brush with oil.Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. The traditional Mexican recipe of great tortillas is ready to serve ! Enjoy it !