- 4 flour tortillas, 12-inch diameter
- 1 recipe Machaca
- 2 cups mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup green chile, peeled, seeded, and minced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalape?o chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 recipe Basic New Mexico Chile Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomato
Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Soften the tortillas. Place approximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups of the Machaca on each tortilla; then top each with 3 cups cheese (reserve the remaining cup of cheese for the final topping), 3 cups green chile, 1 tablespoon pickled jalape?o, and roll it up.
Meanwhile, bring the chile sauce to a simmer. Fry the burritos one at a time until they are a crispy golden brown. Quickly drain the chimichangas and place them on individual serving plates. Cover the chimichangas with the chile sauce, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and then top each chimichanga with 3 cup of sour cream. Garnish the plates with the lettuce and tomato and serve immediately....hmmmm...great taste of Chimichangas....nice !