TRADITIONAL MEXICAN RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 6 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pickled jalape?o, minced, plus
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pickling liquid from jar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 8 ounces crabmeat, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced artichoke hearts (optional)
- 3 dozen tortilla chips
- 1 pickled jalape?o, sliced thin Minced scallion tops (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.In a bowl, mix together cheeses, sour cream, jalapeo, pickling
liquid, garlic and cumin until well blended. Fold in the crabmeat and artichokes, if desired. Spread each chip with a layer of the topping mixture. Place the chips on a heatproof baking dish or platter. Sprinkle the sliced jalape?o over everything. Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and a little bubbly. Scatter scallion tops over the nachos and serve immediately.
And the Crab Nachos are ready to serve....amazing !