Traditional Mexican Recipe INGREDIENTS
* 8 chocolate bars
* 8 flour tortillas
* A 32 oz. bottle of vegetable oil
* A 12 oz. jar of caramel ice cream topping
* 1 c. pecans (chopped)
* A 12 oz. jar of hot fudge ice cream topping
* A 1 Qt. container of premium vanilla ice cream
Traditional Mexican Recipe INSTRUCTIONS
* First place the candy bar in the center of the tortilla and then fold the bottom up and over the candy bar. Also fold the sides in and over.
* Now fold the top of the tortilla over the folded sides and place them seam down on a tray or baking sheet.
* Repeat the same procedure to make the rest of the chimichangas.
* Take a large stockpot and heat the vegetable oil in it to 360 degrees.
* Place 2 chimichangas seam side down in the hot oil, using tongs and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
* Then drain the chimichangas on a wire rack and repeat the same steps to make the remaining chimichangas.
* Take a large saucepan and heat the caramel in it over medium heat.
* Once that is done, add the pecans and bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
* Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave it to cool for about 5 minutes.
* Use the microwave to heat the fudge after placing it on high for about 30 seconds.
* Place a chimichanga on a dessert plate and put some caramel-pecan sauce, then add hot fudge and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yummy! Enjoy it !